The Silver Box is a small, square box that is located at the Elephant and Castle in London. The box is made of silver and has a small keyhole on the top. It is believed that the box contains a secret message from Queen Elizabeth I to her son, King James I.
The Silver Box is a small, silver-colored container that is said to be located at the Elephant and Castle in London. According to legend, the box contains a treasure that was left behind by an unknown person. The contents of the box have never been revealed, but it is said to be worth a great deal of money.
What is the Box in Elephant And Castle?
The “Box” in Elephant and Castle is a nickname for an area of South London that is home to a large number of tower blocks. The name comes from the fact that the area is roughly square in shape. It is bordered by Camberwell to the north, Kennington to the east, Walworth to the south, and Lambeth to the west.
The Elephant and Castle area has been undergoing regeneration for many years now, with plans to demolish most of the tower blocks and replace them with new residential and commercial developments. However, this process has been slow and controversial, with some residents opposing the changes. One of the most notable features of Elephant and Castle is its transport hub.
It is served by two tube stations (Elephant & Castle on the Bakerloo line and Northern line), as well as numerous bus routes. This makes it a popular place to live for people who work in Central London but want to avoid expensive rents. So what exactly is the “Box”?
It’s an area of South London that’s undergone regeneration for many years now, with plans to demolish most of its tower blocks and replace them with new residential and commercial developments.
Why is It Called Elephant And Castle?
The Elephant and Castle is a district in Southwark, London. It takes its name from the now demolished Elephant and Castle pub which was located at the junction of Newington Butts and Kennington Park Road. The pub was named after a coaching inn that used to stand on the site.
In medieval times, the area was known for its market gardens, supplying fruit and vegetables to the City of London. The first recorded use of the name Elephant and Castle is in 1633 when it appears in John Taylor’s Water Poet’s Map of London. By the early 18th century, it had become a well-known thoroughfare connecting Westminster to south London.
The first half of the 20th century saw great changes in the area with an increase in population density and new developments such as housing estates, public parks, schools and transport infrastructure including tube stations (Baker Street & Waterloo) and roads (Kennington Park Road & Newington Causeway). During WWII, Elephant and Castle was heavily bombed due to its strategic location near to central London; however, many historic buildings survived including St George’s Cathedral which stands on Borough High Street. Today, Elephant and Castle is undergoing regeneration with plans to create a new town centre comprising residential towers, office blocks, shops and public spaces.
The redevelopment will also see improvements made to transport links with an extension of the Bakerloo line planned as well as new cycle routes and pedestrian crossings.
Elephant and Castle Silver Box changing colour …
The Elephant And the Castle
The Elephant and the Castle is an iconic London landmark. It is situated in the south-east of the city, on the River Thames. The area around the Elephant and Castle has been settled since the Roman times and it was known as Londinium.
In medieval times, it was a thriving market town and one of the busiest ports in England. The name ‘Elephant and Castle’ is thought to date back to the 12th century when an actual elephant was kept at Henry I’s royal menagerie in Woodstock, Oxfordshire. When it died, its skeleton was brought to London and put on display at the Tower of London.
From there, it was taken to Southwark where it remained until 1706 when it was destroyed in a fire. The first recorded use of ‘Elephant and Castle’ as a place name dates back to 1505 when it appeared on a map of London drawn by John Rocque. Over time, various businesses have used this name including inns, pubs, theatres and music halls.
The most famous use of ‘Elephant and Castle’ however is for the area itself which has become synonymous with its multi-culturalism, lively atmosphere and central location within London.
Elephant With Castle on Back
Did you know that there is an elephant with a castle on its back? This majestic animal is known as Elephas maximus and can be found in the forests of India. The castle is actually a large bony growth called an osteoderms that forms on the elephant’s back.
This growth is thought to protect the elephant from predators and help it to cool down in hot weather.
Elephant Square is a public space in downtown Bangkok, Thailand. It is bordered by Rama I Road, New Road, and Rajadamnern Avenue. The square is named for the statue of an elephant that stands in the center of the space.
The square was originally built in 1872 as part of King Chulalongkorn’s (Rama V) plan to modernize Bangkok. At that time, it was known as “Wang Derm” or “Outer Field”. In 1908, a statue of an elephant was placed in the center of the square and it became known as ” Elephant Square “.
The square has been a popular gathering place for Thais and tourists alike. It is often used as a meeting place or rendezvous point. There are many food vendors in the area, making it a popular spot for lunch or snacks.
In recent years, there have been calls to rename the square due to its association with the Thai military dictatorship that ruled from 1976 to 1992. The military government used Elephant Square as a site for political rallies and speeches. Many Thais believe that changing the name of the square would help to heal some of the divisions caused by that period in Thai history.
Elephant And Castle Shakespeare
In 1599, William Shakespeare’s company, the Lord Chamberlain’s Men, built the Globe Theatre in Southwark on the banks of the River Thames. One of their main competitors was another theatre company, called the Admiral’s Men, who had a theatre in nearby Elephant and Castle.
The Admiral’s Men were so named because their patron was Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford – one of the most powerful nobles in Elizabethan England.
The Earl was also a known playwright and poet, and it’s believed that he wrote several plays that were performed by the Admiral’s Men, including some attributed to Shakespeare. So what does this have to do with Elephant and Castle? Well, according to local legend, there was a friendly rivalry between the two theatres – each trying to outdo the other with better productions.
This culminated in a performance of Shakespeare’s ‘Henry V’ at the Globe Theatre in 1602. The play was so popular that it ran for an unprecedented 14 days straight! To get back at their rivals, the Admiral’s Men decided to put on their own production of ‘Henry V’ at their theatre in Elephant and Castle.
However, things didn’t go quite according to plan… On opening night, one of the actors forgot his lines and had to be prompted by someone in the audience! The rest of the show went downhill from there and it closed after just two nights. Despite this setback,the Admiral’s Men continued to perform at their theatre for many years afterwards.
In 1642, however, all theatres were closed down by order of Parliament during the English Civil War. Sadly ,the Elephant and Castle theatre was never reopened and it eventually fell into disrepair until it was demolished in 1826 .
The Silver Box is a mysterious object that appeared at Elephant And Castle in London. It is a large, silver box with an inscription that reads “To the finder of this box, may good luck follow you.” The box has been found by many people, but no one knows what it is or where it came from.
Some people believe it is a time capsule containing objects from the future. Others believe it is a storage container for magical objects. Whatever the case may be, the Silver Box remains a mystery and continues to fascinate those who find it.